Due to the fact the equipment industry is literally the “industry of things,” and the Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming essential to effective and profitable equipment, rental or service management. Your company may work with cranes, aerial work platforms, trailers, generators, vehicles, medical devices–the equipment list is virtually infinite. If they’re part of the IoT network, any item will have software, sensors, connectivity for collecting, exchanging, and receiving data. Whether customer use it, in transit, or at the depot, your back office has the potential to monitor all equipment with real-time precision.
At HiGH Software, we work continuously with our customers, partners and hardware vendors to explore the value IoT can offer when equipment is integrated with DynaRent for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (and Microsoft Dynamics AX). Consequently, there are many benefits, and you can achieve them with optimal scalability, availability, and connectivity using a generic cloud solution to support the integration.
By incorporating IoT into DynaRent for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (and Microsoft Dynamics AX), your equipment and your ERP system are inconstant communication, so that your back office can automatically:
- Track and update ‘illegal’ movement of equipment
- Lock equipment remotely when it is not being used
- Always know the location of your equipment
- Receive, register and process maintenance cycle information
- Receive equipment usage information for analyzing purposes (Big Data)
Result? Efficiency, data visibility, and accuracy for equipment management end-to-end:
- Increase revenue by optimizing the pay-when-used cycle
- Reduce down-time of your equipment
- Up-to-date maintenance cycles and follow-up
- Reduce the risk theft of your equipment
- Analyze the gathered equipment usage information into new business opportunities (Big Data)
Image 1: Example of a complete IoT cock-pit in DynaRent PowerBI
The Internet of Things is growing—and it can help your equipment-driven business thrive and grow. That’s our goal for you at HiGH Software.