Bridging the gap between ERP and their specialized requirements is a challenge sometimes. Therefore Equipment Rental and Services businesses make the right decision when they turn to packaged ISV solutions. Especially when they are using Microsoft Dynamics AX. The optimal choice is a solutions package that gives them standardized but highly flexible capabilities. For example for managing all aspects of rental and services. No two businesses are alike. Hence, your solution should both meet big-picture needs. And at the same time let you tailor the smallest details to ensure efficiency and accuracy. As a result they get ultimately better performance and profits.
How detailed? Think at the level of fields used on tables and in other areas of your AX system. Along with a smooth fit with AX, your solution should offer tools that let you quickly and easily adjust and add fields. Without the need to call up on developer or technical support. While capabilities that support this level of detail are “by default” technical, both business and IT benefits are simple and straightforward:
- You’ll reduce costs and avoid downtime with the ability to quickly adapt fields within standard Microsoft Dynamics AX whenever needed
- Intuitive, built-in tools eliminate the need to call in third-party vendors when you need to make minor adjustments to fields or even add new ones
- Full integration with AX will ensure that changes to fields fit instantly into your system, even if you’re working with custom windows and tables
- When field management is part of your integrated solution, you can count on a smooth upgrade path that minimizes rework.
Our Example: To-Increase Dynamic Field Management
As part of the DynaRent solutions suite for equipment rental and services industries, Dynamic Field Management allows you to manually adjust and add fields without the need to makes changes to your database. Below, you’ll find a summary of “how it works” and key features—we also encourage you to watch a brief video that shows how you can change and add fields within seconds.
How it works: The dynamic fields exist only in your database, not as a physical field in a table. Fields can have different characteristics, types and appearances. They can be added to field groups, and then incorporated into field group collections. Field group collections are then linked to tables and displayed as properties on the associated form, easily accessed via a button. When these dynamic fields are given a value, they can be filtered the same way standard fields are. Without need for programming or development, you can:
- Use different fonts, colors and font sizes to shape fields
- Determine field height and length
- Ensure mandatory fields are underlined in red
- Work with look-up types per field, including e-mail, URL, and standard fixed values
- Choose from field types that include string, integer, real, date, and check box
- Show dynamic fields for linked tables
- Quickly find dynamic fields using advanced search functionality
DynaRent’s flexibility is broad and deep, and gives equipment rental and services companies the ability to tune standard capabilities to their industry and business focus. Explore our end-to-end ISV solutions suite, and contact us to talk about your needs at firstname.lastname@example.org