To-Increase Solution Updates for D365FO
Till now a requirement in RapidValue can be linked to only one business process in the RapidValue solution. However, that requirement might have an impact on more than just one business process. Therefore, in RapidValue we need the ability to link and refer one particular requirement to multiple business processes. This helps in avoiding duplication and also in referencing requirements across multiple implementation projects.
You can now avail the two way integration between RapidValue and Visual Studio Team Services. The VSTS integration will be realized by mapping business processes and requirements in RapidValue, to work items in VSTS. The mapping will be done by saving from RapidValue to VSTS (using user defined mapping rules, defined at the solution level) or by mapping existing work items to RapidValue elements. Also, it will be possible to refresh the status in RapidValue from VSTS items.
We now have the feature which lets you publish a complete RapidValue solution hierarchy with linked task guides to LCS at the click of a button. This feature represents a very important component of our “Better Together” theme for RapidValue BPM Suite and Lifecycle Services coexistence. With this capability we will enhance partner adoption, customer adoption and customer satisfaction. LCS is not a BPM solution and RapidValue is not an ALM solution. RapidValue combines best of breed BPM capabilities with Application mapping and uses LCS to connect with D365FO capacities by pushing the BPM data into LCS Business process modeler. This can then be consumed by various LCS ALM tools. These solutions combined are a strong differentiator when competing head-to-head against other tier-1 ERPs.
We have also improved the end-user form guidance while performing daily tasks on the D365FO forms. The RapidValue BPM suite form guide allows process guidance to be embedded in any D365FO form without requiring specific form customization. The two improvements are, the displaying of the interactive form guidance ribbon in each D365FO forms and manual activities included in the My Process guide workspace.
Product Engineering is available for D365FO 8.0.
Whats new in this release: the product owner can be used as an approver for the workflows of the Engineering Change Request, this was possible already for an Engineering Change Order.
A functional update release on D365FOEE 7.3 is released in April, as well as a hotfix release in June.
From the April release onwards, BOM and Route management have been reworked to align with best practices (code extension). The choice has been made to get in line with the standard behavior of BOMs and Routes, by making sure that engineering (direct) BOMs and Routes are now technically controlled by engineering versions, instead of connecting them technically to the engineering versions. In other words: if a BOM or Route belongs to an engineering version, it is made sure that the standard BOM and Route (from standard D365FO) is now created/updated accordingly. This redesign of engineering BOMs and Routes has functional impact. Contact your To-Increase representative or product support for more information.
Advanced Project Management
The R&D team continues to work on migrating the Advanced Project Management solution to D365FO V8.0. This is done in close collaboration with Microsoft R&D in order to enable specific parts of the standard D365FO code to be extended. With the release by Microsoft of D365FO 8.0 in June – which contains important extension points – we plan to bring out Advanced Project Management on top of that. This release is foreseen to include Project Change Order.
APM for AX 2012 R3 CU13 is available. This release contains additional performance improvements on top of what has been realized for APM for AX2012 R3 CU12. Focus of these improvements is in the Quote to Project scenario for the Work Breakdown Structure, and Project Change Order. The release also contains fixes, for more details on them, please see the release notes.
Advanced Project Planning
Advanced Project Planning is available for D365FO 8.0. This release has the same functionality as the latest release of Advanced Project Planning for D365FOEE 7.3. A hotfix release on D365FOEE 7.3 is released in May.
Visual Project Planning for AX 2012 R3 CU13 is available. This release has the same functionality as the latest release of Visual Project Planning for AX 2012 R3 CU12.
Advanced Maintenance and Service
Advanced Maintenance and Service is available for D365FO 8.0. In the Planning board, it is possible to plan multiple workers against one work order. The option is provided to plan the work order at a specific start time (instead of just the date). The planner can also enter a planning note to quickly indicate unavailability for a timeslot, for example: to capture a doctor visit.
Checklists have been reworked and improved in order to give the worker in the field an easy way to enter the required information. Counter values for an asset can be directly entered from a checklist. Furthermore, general measurements and conditions can be registered on the checklist. The conditional assessment against the object is planned to be replaced by the checklist on the work order. The setup and maintenance of checklists has been improved. You can build up a checklist from one or more checklist templates in order to create extensive checklists, while keeping the maintenance and setup in check.
Security and Compliance Studio
- Ability to create scenarios from D365FO module menus: You can now model security scenarios for D365FO modules. “Add module access” feature helps you to create a new scenario based on the complete list of module menu items with a desired level of access types. This is of great help when you want to have a security role to provide you access to all or most of one module features.
- Security Snapshots based performance and scalability enhancements: The entire functionality for Rebuild Data, Security Explorer and Match Roles revolves around the security objects (roles, duties, privileges and entry points) and the associations between them (duties assigned to role; privileges assigned to each duty, etc). All of these are kept in standard code that was preserved externally, into a DLL. Using this DLL for multiple scopes in Security and Compliance Studio ends up with performance issues on the above mentioned business logics/functionalities. We have now created a structure of tables to keep the data related to each security object and the association between them easily accessible directly from tables and also much faster. This has led to a drastic improvement in the “Match roles” and “Rebuild data” programs’ performance. This also sets the foundation for integrating RV with SCS later this year.
- Improved “Create role wizard” based on a grid framework: “Create role wizard” is now based on a new grid framework making it a better user experience. This wizard helps you to create a new security role based on duties and privileges while letting you know the license type before role creation.
- Accessing Security Explorer from all D365FO forms: This release comes with Security and compliance studio security explorer, embedded in all D365FO forms. This provides a very useful way to analyze users and associated security objects (roles, duties, privileges, entry points) that have access to that D365FO form.
- Option to create duties and SOD compliance check as well while merging roles: “Merge role” feature now comes with an option to create duties along with the privileges. Previously you can split up entry points in separate privileges by entry point type. Now you can create and associate duties as well for different entry point types (action, display, output etc.). In addition to the earlier, the SOD compliance is also ensured.
Business Integration Solution
Highlights of improved features for Connectivity Studio:
- The environment specific properties are simplified and it’s optional to export them
- Configuration can be deployed as a resource in the AOT
- A new mapping option for inventory dimensions.
- Possibility to split incoming files from Microsoft Excel to allow parallel processing
- Document handlers are improved with functional descriptions
- New document handlers are added with more posting functionality like sales order confirmation and invoice.
- SQL triggers are introduced to simplify the message events and improve the performance
- The copy of the message can optionally include the source and target document
Highlights of improved features for EDI Studio:
- Warehouse management teams can now work with the new and improved journals.
- Process automation for posting confirmations and invoices
- Document flow types are extended with warehouse management processes
- The tutorials with predefined mappings are improved and extended. We will continue doing this in the next project.
- When an invoice is received for a purchase order, you can add a check if the order is delivered. If not, you cannot process the invoice till the order is received. To support this, a new check type for dependencies is added.
- And more….
What’s new and changed for Invoice Workflow:
- Fully extended version on D365FOEE
- Improved usability of the Invoice overview form
- An updated hotfix release will be due Q3 2018
What’s new and changed for GovCon includes:
- GovCon Solution is due for release on D365FOEE 8.0 in Q3.
- The integrated version with APM is due for release in Q4.
Dynamics Anywhere Mobility Studio
The latest release of Dynamics Anywhere Mobility Studio is available for D365FOEE 7.3, and includes:
- Test Manager Functionality which allows you to add automated tests to your mobile processes – this new functionality will allow you to build and to automate test cases which allow you to test and validate your use cases and processes. This will allow you to test the stability of your solution quickly after software or configuration changes have been executed.
- Fully responsive stylesheets with state of the art UI – We fully redesigned our UI in order to make it fully responsive, so that it can adjust and provide a seamless experience independently of the mobile device you’re using. We offer you 6 new mobile UIs fully responsive. We also integrate font-awesome icons library with over 200 new available icons.
- Improvements to the License Mechanism – You can build your own libraries and license them. If you set your library licensing based on the number of users, the usage of the library can also be checked via monitoring workspace. This will allow you to have a better control of your application’s usage.
- Enhancements in the Image control – a new control is now available which allows you to show images on the mobile device which are stored in D365FO.
Dynamics Anywhere for Logistics
The latest release of Dynamics Anywhere for Logistics is available for D365FOEE 7.2, which includes:
- Available in 3 different options:
- Logistics Standard which comes with the most basic warehouse processes;
- Logistics Advanced which has the most important warehouse processes;
- Logistics for Production which on top of the Logistics Advanced Processes also adds processes for picking of BOM and Receive Production Items.
- Library Based Solution – Our logistics Apps are fully relying on home-made libraries which allow you to connect our apps with Dynamics 365 logic. You can also use this libraries to build new processes, or you can also extend them with new connections in a very simple and intuitive way.
- Mobile processes design for Basic Inventory Management and Warehouse Processes (WMS I driven) – our turn-key solutions are designed to support Basic inventory Management processes (aka. WMS I). All relevant warehouse management processes are available for your workers in a way to execute their warehouse daily activities in a much faster and accurate way.
- Full support for Inbound, Inventory Management and Outbound Processes – Our apps allow you to manage the most relevant Inbound, Outbound or Inventory Management processes. You can perform receiving of purchase, transfer or return orders, do cycle or spot counting, internal transfers or across-warehouse transfers, or perform sales and transfer order pickings among others.
- Fully responsive modern UI – We have completely redesigned our UI in order to make it fully responsive so that it can adjust and provide a seamless experience independently of the mobile device you’re using. We offer now 6 new mobile Uis, fully responsive.