How RapidValue BPM Suite helps you in your GDPR Compliance journey
August 1, 2018
Your organization needs to be accountable for all the compliance mandates that affect your operations while managing the security of business roles, ERP system, and data. ERP, roles, and data cannot be separated from business processes making it critical to include all the workflows in planning compliance and security.
To-Increase RapidValue BPM Suite, a business process management tool, used by many organizations, syncs business processes with ERP systems. The tool aligns both business activities and ERP with your company goals and strategies. All organization specific GRC (governance, risk management, and compliance) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) business processes and flows can be mapped as a solution in RapidValue BPM Suite.
RapidValue BPM Suite helps you create a data model, application model, process model and business process model for your organization. All GDPR related vision, mission, goals, and metrics (example MTTI-Mean Time to Identify, MTTR-Mean Time to Resolve in case of a breach) can be mapped in RapidValue BPM Suite and also can be linked to your process model. This helps you identify the applications that have a touch point with personal data (PII). RapidValue BPM implementation workspace provides your GDPR team a perfect tool to gather evidence; tracking compliance of those applications across functional groups and provide a complete project orientation across your GDPR compliance journey.
Achieving GDPR compliance with RapidValue BPM Suite:
- Define your organization’s GDPR vision, strategy, goal, and map the same in RapidValue BPM Suite.
- Create a GDPR Compliance Journey solution in RapidValue BPM Suite.
- Import GDPR requirements and description and map your Policies in RapidValue BPM Suite. This includes all Data subject requirements and Privacy requirements as well.
- Map third party and different member state governance.
- Map enterprise risk, its remediation, with the corresponding compliance and resiliency process in RapidValue BPM Suite.
- Capture specific audit requirements in RapidValue BPM Suite. For Microsoft D365FO, To-increase Security and Compliance Studio helps you track close to 40 different event types.
- Map Personally Identifiable Information (PII) across your organization flows. Highlight all business processes, flows, and activities with PII or PHI data.
- Identify the key data elements as PII or PHI Data Objects in RapidValue Data Objects. This includes- Data items (Name, email address, health data, credit card info, biometrics, location data, and criminal records), Data formats (paper records, database, and digital like USB etc.), Data Locations (on-premise, cloud, and third party. different member state) and Data Transfer methods (Internal, external, social media, mobile, posts etc.)
- Scope and phase out your GDPR compliance project. Phase the separate compliance project activities into Discover, Define, Develop, Deploy and Sustain milestones in RapidValue BPM Suite.
GDPR Organization process and application model mapped in RapidValue.
- Do a fit-gap analysis so that there are no gaps in your compliance efforts and you meet the deadlines
- Analyze Gaps to create system requirements. Push these requirements to VSTS for subsequent development work.
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) using RapidValue as the base.
- Conduct a Data mapping exercise in RapidValue BPM suite. Store all DPIA related “Questions” as RapidValue Solution Questions. These can be used whenever a DPIA Exercise is done.
- Use RapidValue BPM Suite to create Acceptance Test plan, Test Specifications and Report.
- Perform the acceptance test involving all flows with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in D365 for FOE or other applications.
- Once GDPR compliant, use RapidValue BPM suite as the primary business process management and knowledge management tool across your organization.
- Maintain and continuously evolve your business processes to keep them relevant.
RapidValue BPM suite helps you identify, capture, categorize, and analyze all activities, which involve dealing with personally identifiable information or protected health information. An example of a retails sale is shown below:
All business processes, flows, and activities related to GDPR compliance can be sorted easily to identify an organization’s exposure and help it focus on high-risk areas. This helps prioritize the activities.
RapidValue BPM suite lets you understand and determine how your business runs by designing a business model that indicates the dependencies between people, processes, and systems. Set your direction by defining strategy and goals, and mapping them to processes. Empower employees by giving them direct access in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to all process details they need to know.
For more actionable ideas and insights into achieving GDPR compliance, download the eBook here