Many of our customers routinely perform data migrations and imports, often using To-Increase Data Migration Studio for Microsoft Dynamics AX. When we discuss their data migration projects with them, certain questions come up again and again. We summarize some of our how-to recommendations in today’s blog post. We also continue to make enhancements in Data Migration Studio, and point out a couple of the most helpful ones here.
These blog posts provide guidance on how to control the quality and integrity of the result of data migration projects, simplify data migrations, discuss results and resolve issues with your business stakeholders, and make data migrations more efficient.
- 14 data migration best practices for successful ERP projects: How can I use the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step methodology in data migration projects I perform with Data Migration Studio?
- Fast data migration to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012: How can I ensure successful, efficient migrations from legacy systems to Dynamics AX?
- Simplify stakeholder collaboration in reviewing data migration results: How can I show my internal customers the results of data migrations and resolve errors with them?
- Making it easier to perform test runs in data migration projects: What’s the most efficient way to test the outcome of large data migrations?
- How to use company-specific settings in data migration projects: How can I re-use data migration projects when I want to keep company information the same?
- Save time, avoid errors by initializing ODBC tables for entire data migration projects: See how you can refresh all field names at the level of an entire data migration project when you migrate data from your legacy system.
- New option in To-Increase Business Integration Solutions gives IT managers better control over data migration and import results: Learn how you can better control the results of data migrations and imports by reviewing incoming data.
We promise to keep these posts available on our site as long as they are current and there is any interest.
With any feedback or questions, please contact To-Increase.